If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In trying to come up with a unique birthday present for my little brother, I incorporated his favorite fruit and cake, in an atypical presentation. He loved it! - Mariya
Makes 16 oz strawberries
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese-room temperature, low fat
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup and 1 T sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces dark chocolate-shaved
- Using a pairing knife, cut the stems off the strawberries and carefully take out the middle/insides, by using a scooping motion with the knife, along the perimeter of the strawberry. Make sure not to make any holes (reserve the insides for another use, ex: smoothie, yogurt topping, or sangria/wine garnish).
- Cut off a tiny piece off the bottom tips of the strawberries (this will allow them to stand up in your plate; reserve and use the bottoms for the above suggestions); be sure not to make a hole in the bottom...so don't cut too much off!
- Whisk together cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Place the cheese mixture into a pastry bag, with a star tip at the end of it; alternatively, working in batches, place cheese mixture into a zip-lock bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the corners.
- Fill strawberries with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of strawberries...Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries