If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boyfriend loves rhubarb. He has been asking me to make something with rhubarb for a long time. When I knew it was in season, I stopped by the farmer's market and picked some up. They also had the first strawberries of the season. I heard that Rhubarb and Strawberries make the perfect accompaniment - Nicole Franzen
- 4 cups Rhubarb
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 1 Orange (zest and juice)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Firstly cut the ends off the Rhubarb, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Rinse strawberries and cut in half. Place ingredients in a bowl and then add the 3/4 cups granulated sugar and 1/4 cup unbleached flour. Add the zest of one orange and the juice of half. Toss together and set aside.
- For crumble topping I put one cup of oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and one stick of butter into a bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- In a baking pan place the strawberry rhubarb mixture. Then add the crumble to the top. Make sure its evenly distributed. I sprinkled a little bit more brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Finish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries