Author Notes: A variation on a recipe my mom used to make...her's was for blueberry muffins and not quite as healthy:) - Culinarian
Serves 16 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, cubed
- 1/4 cup turbanado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except turbanado sugar) together in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Mix in the eggs and the yogurt until the wet ingredients are just incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Place into greased muffin tins, and sprinkle with turbanado sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries