Author Notes: The pink cloud is a pale pink, strawberry-infused mixture of ricotta and mascarpone cheeses. The light color and airy texture made me think of a cloud. - AppleAnnie
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon excellent honey
- 2 tablespoons turbinado raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice (or regular lemon juice)
The pink cloud
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup drained juice from the prepared strawberries
- 3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon or regular lemon zest
- Heat honey, raw sugar, and water in microwaveable bowl for about 30 seconds, to soften honey and dissolve sugar.
- Stir in balsamic and lemon juice until well blended.
- Let cool a minute and pour the syrup over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, until the strawberries have released ¼-1/2 cups of juice
- In a food processor blend ¼-1/3 cup of the strawberry juice with the mascarpone cheese.
- Add the ricotta and vanilla to the mascarpone, and blend just until mixed. Add a little more strawberry juice to get a nice pink tint.
- For each serving, put 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the ricotta mixture in a small dessert bowl, and then spoon an equal amount of sliced strawberries on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries