If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Strawberries add a floral complexity to what is already a sweet, Asian style sauce. I like to infuse the berries with lemongrass since citrus notes compliment their flavor. I usually serve this sauce atop sauteed or broiled fish and sticky rice and steamed snow peas are great accompaniments to serve alongside. —mollysmenu
- 1.5 cups strawberries, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- .5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- Place berries, lemongrass, sugar, water and ginger in a medium pot and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, or until the berries begin to break down.
- Remove from heat and place the contents of the pot, along with soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil in a blender and pulse to combine.
- If the sauce appears too thick, thin with small amounts of water until it is a sauce like consistency.
- Taste and season with additional sugar or soy if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries