If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love putting a twist on old favorites. This easy dessert is a grown up version of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. When fresh strawberries aren't in season, I use strawberry jam for an equally delicious dessert. The trick is using a small amount of peanut butter so that it doesn't overpower the berries and delicate pastry. - lorinarlock
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups whole strawberries
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 piece frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the strawberries and put in a bowl. Add the sugar and stir. Let sit.
- Arrange the pastry on a cutting board. Cut into three strips. Cut each strip into 4 equal-size pieces. (You can also cut into four or six equal-size pieces and serve one per person.) Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the egg. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip the butter with a whisk or fork in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully make a horizontal cut with a serrated knife through the center of the puff pastry pieces to form tops and bottoms. Spread equal amounts of the peanut butter mixture over each bottom. Spoon equal amounts of the strawberries over the peanut butter and arrange the top piece of puff pastry over the berries. Transfer to a platter or individual serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries