Author Notes: Inspired by Spanish home cooking and my friend Carmen in Sevilla, there are lots of variations possible -- try other smoked sausages, other greens, or other light beans for that matter. I love it with hearty bread or couscous. Riquísimo! - mdm
- 3-4 links Spanish chorizo (or other smoked sausage -- linguica, merguez, andouille)
- 1 head nappa cabbage (or any other greens work well, too)
- 2 (or so) cups chickpeas
- 1 splash olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chorizo into quarter-inch slices, fry in a bit of olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced cabbage and chickpeas.
- Cover and cook until desired consistency and taste. Stir every once in awhile and you may also want to drizzle olive oil at any point.
- Salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, serve with bread or couscous or whatever looks good.