If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Spanish home cooking and my friend Carmen in Sevilla, there are lots of variations possible -- try other smoked sausages, other greens, or other light beans for that matter. I love it with hearty bread or couscous. Riquísimo! —mdm
- 3-4 links Spanish chorizo (or other smoked sausage -- linguica, merguez, andouille)
- 1 head nappa cabbage (or any other greens work well, too)
- 2 (or so) cups chickpeas
- 1 splash olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chorizo into quarter-inch slices, fry in a bit of olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced cabbage and chickpeas.
- Cover and cook until desired consistency and taste. Stir every once in awhile and you may also want to drizzle olive oil at any point.
- Salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, serve with bread or couscous or whatever looks good.