Author Notes: The "green" base was inspired by a traditional pesto for pasta. Leftover pesto from the pasta dinner combined with eggs, parmesan and spinach became a whole new breakfast recipe the next morning. - MangoTango
- 8 Eggs
- 8 handfuls Washed Spinach (stalks trimmed)
- 3 pinches Coarse Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 handful Parsley
- 1 handful Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1 shot Milk
- Combine olive oil, garlic, pepper, sea salt, parsley, pine nuts and spinach in a food processor and blend well (can also use a handheld blender).
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Add the spinach pesto mixture to the bowl with the eggs and beat together.
- Pour mixture into pan with a drop of heated olive oil.
- Stir the eggs until cooked into a scramble.
- Divide the eggs onto each plate and top with parmesan cheese, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with thick, buttered, multigrain toast and some fresh fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs