Author Notes: Fresh cucumbers, to me, don't need much seasoning. They have a refreshing flavor that is best accentuated, rather than drowned. Therefore, this recipe is simple, quick, and deliciously appealing on these hot, humid Florida afternoons. - Jenifer Mangione Vogt
- 4 Cucumbers
- 1 cup Fresh Dill Chopped Loosely
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Squeezed Lemom
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 pound Manchego, shaven slices
- Peel the cucumbers and then slice each of them once lengthwise. Then you can line them all up on a large cutting board and cut them horizontally so that you get little halves. I like to keep them slightly thick - just seems to make them better when you crunch into them. But, you can slice them however you prefer.
- Combine the cucumbers and all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss.
- Refrigerate for, at least, one hour.
- Top with Manchego slices. Serve!
- This is an excellent accompaniment for cold Salmon dishes. I usually serve it with Salmon and a cold couscous salad for an appealing Summer luncheon.
- You must use fresh dill for this - dried simply wont work. Chop up the dill loosely, leaving it in big chunks and it will taste really, really good!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe