If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's hot down here, the kind of weather that cries out for chilled soups, lots of sunscreen, and afternoons by the pool with a good book ... (dang work ruins everything :-) - aargersi - aargersi
Food52 Review: I love chilled soup during the summer and this refreshing recipe has been added to my collection. Having forgotten to buy lemon yogurt, I used plain Greek yogurt and some Meyer lemon zest instead. Be certain to find a really ripe, luscious melon -- mine was mediocre but still worked OK. Aargersi advises us to chill the soup well and also the bowls, that's a great tip. I used a processor instead of a blender so no need to strain the soup. Thumbs up! - LiztheChef - Lizthechef
Serves 2 bowls
- 1 cup English cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ripe honeydew melon, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I used Zico)
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 mint leaves
- paper thin slices of peeled cucumber and chopped mint for garnish
- Blend the cucumber, melon, yogurt and coconut water until smooth, then pour through a strainer to remove any lumps. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Chill 2 bowls. Stir the soup back together (it will separate a little) and pour into the bowls. Top each with thin slices of cucumber and mint and serve. That's all there is to it!!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.