If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This the first salad my teenager was willing to try, and it is still his favorite. It is because of this dish that he became a salad eater. The dressing keeps for a week in the refrigerator--just add a few drops of water to thin for pouring. —nativeplantster
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 4 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry or other hot sauce, optional
- 2 hard boiled eggs, optional
- 1 handful unroasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup grated carrots, bean sprouts, other favorite raw vegetables
- 1 dash salt, if needed (taste first)
- Roast peanuts in a dry pan on top of the stove until slightly brown (about 2 minutes).
- Wash and drain the bean sprouts. Peel cucumbers (if necessary)and slice into thin half circles. Slice tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs (for vegan, eliminate the eggs). Grate the carrots. Arrange each item beautifully on the platter, and top with minced scallions and roasted peanuts.
- Create dressing by mixing peanut butter, minced garlic, agave syrup, and curry to form paste. Mix until smoothe.Then add lime juice. Slowly add water to form a salad dressing consistency. The amount of water will depend on the thickness of peanut butter used. Taste and adjust.If using salted peanut butter, no added salt is needed.
- Serve proudly- with dressing on the side. Any vegetable may be removed except the cucumbers that are the basis of the dish. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
When Donuts Go Free-Form
Churros: Spain's easier, faster fried pastry
Churros: the free-form, fast donut.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat like your favorite literary heroines,
The chicest apron around.