If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Artichokes and other seasonal vegetables are favorites in our home, but we prefer light sauces as accompaniments. Serve this Cool Cucumber Summer Sauce with vegetables as an appetizer, or as a fresh tartar sauce with fish. —cookwithsusan
- 1/4 cup English Cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar, sodium and sugar-free
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, homemade or Hellmann's
- 1/3 cup Sour cream, whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Wasabi style mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Natural stone ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon White ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- pinches Garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Capers, drained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons Sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 to 5 Thinly sliced pieces of cucumber as garnish
- Dice cucumbers and place in medium bowl.
- Mince red onion and place in a small bowl, add Rice Vinegar and marinate while adding other ingredients to cucumbers.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, Wasabi style mayonnaise, mustard, white pepper, salt, lemon zest, garlic powder, capers, and sugar. Gently combine, and then add red onion with vinegar. Cover, place in refrigerator, and chill for two hours before serving. Fold in dill before placing sauce in serving dish. Garnish with thinly sliced cucumbers.
- Note: The sauce may be pureed in a blender and used as a dip.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.