If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great Moroccan feast starts with an array of lovely salads. This unusual cucmber dish is cool, refreshing and a real surprise. After I tasted a version of this at a resturant in Marrakesh, I was skeptical when the waiter told me it was made with confectioner's sugar and vinegar. I had to experiment to recreate it when I got home, and I have enjoyed the results. —TheRunawaySpoon
- 1 seedless (English) cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- sea salt
- Wash the cucumber and slice very thinly. I like to do this on a mandoline. Place the cucumbers in a strainer and leave to drain for 15 minutes. (Save any liquid that drains off, it's great in a gin and tonic.)
- While the cucumbers are draining, finely chop the thyme leaves.
- Whisk the confectioner's sugar and vinegar together in a small bowl. Whisk in the chopped thyme leaves.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Pour over the dressing and stir gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.