If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the spirit of my grandmothers and myself, always follow your gut and use ingredients you have on hand or flavors you are craving to taste. If you feel that basil is best for today, go with it or other fresh and seasonal selections to make this (or any dish) work for you. —cibobella
For the Dressing
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 dashes cumin
For the Salad
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1-2 cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/4 cup mixed olives, some sliced/whole
- 1/2 cup finely sliced or chopped red onion
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk until blended. Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Peel cucumber and zucchini (if farm fresh this step is optional)
- Cut cucumber(s) lengthwise, seed and slice into 1/4 inch slices
- Cut zucchini lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch slices
- Combine remaining ingredients and dressing. Mix together and let stand for at least 15 minutes for flavors to set
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.