If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This great side dish is adapted from Too Many Tomatoes, by Lois Burrows and Laura Myers, published in 1976. When I had a vegetable garden, this cookbook was my Bible. It is full of great recipes that address the wonderful problem of what to do when you are faced with an abundant crop and need fresh ideas for bringing all those beans, carrots, and - yes - cucumbers - to the table. Over the years I have made substitutions and reduced the amount of salt. Kids and adults all love this refreshing and easy to assemble salad. The recipe can be easily doubled, or even tripled. - Bevi
- 3-4 six-inch cucumbers, peeled
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons good, low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 3-4 splashes Tabasco, or your choice of hot sauce
- Cut the peeled cucumbers in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Slice cucumbers 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix all other ingredients thoroughly; pour the marinade over the cucumbers. Let stand for at least 6 hours before serving. I often make the cucumber salad in the evening and serve the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.