If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gazpacho is one of my summer favorites, so I knew I was going to make one for the cucumber theme. I decided to veer off the traditional path mostly because Seymour, our 9 foot tall man eating yellow pear tomato plant, is producing approximately infinity tomatos per day, so since I am not using traditional red tomatoes I am also changing up the herbs ... the result is (was - it's gone now :-) delicious! - aargersi
Serves 1 big bowl for greedy gazpacho eaters
- 1 cup chopped yellow pear (or other yellow) tomatos
- 1 cup chopped pickling cucumbers (I like these because the skins are thin and tasty - don't peel them!)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 large basil leaves - torn
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped tarragon
- 4 scallions - green and pale green parts - rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a processor and pulse to a soupy but not too smooth texture - you want some crunch and veggie tidbits in there. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Chill if you are patient. Or just eat it all up. If you have a dollop of yogurt or sour cream it would be good in there - I didn't and ate it as is quite happily!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.