If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fresh and delightful salad which can accompany an entree or stand alone as it's own entree. It's especially good in the spring and summer when you can use local fresh ingredients. - jconway
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 Bunches asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced, including green parts
- 1 cup Seedless Green Grapes
- 2 Avacados, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Jalapeno Peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Frresh Cilantro, chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes, (Use 3 if they are small)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Large Bibb Lettuce Leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 Large Pansy Blossoms (Optional)
- Preheat grill to very hot.
- Clean and trim asparagus spears.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and blanch for 1 minute. Remove asparagus from boiling water with tongs and plunge into a bowl of ice water. When cool, remove from ice water and blot dry with a paper towel. Place on a plate.
- Drizzle asparagus spears with ¼ cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat evenly.
- Place asparagus spears on a preheated, clean grill over high heat. Make sure to place the spears perpendicular to the grill grates so they don’t fall through. Grill about 3-5 minutes. Using tongs, keep turning the asparagus spears until they are lightly charred in spots. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1” pieces.
- In a medium salad bowl, add asparagus, grapes, green onions, Jalapeno pepper, cucumber, and avocado. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, limejuice and lime zest. Add cilantro and additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss together and mound on top of Bibb lettuce leaves. Garnish with Pansy blossoms.
- Serve immediately.
- If you prefer NOT to grill the asparagus, skip steps 4 & 5. Cut asparagus into 1" pieces and continue to step 6
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.