Author Notes: I bought a bunch of Kirby cucumbers today at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and started experimenting. I stopped with this recipe. It was #2. It's a nice simple treat for one. I used Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Straus Family Creamery. I like it because it is not overly sweet. My fleur de sel of choice is Croque au Sel de l Ile de Re Fleur de Sel. It seems to improve everything it touches. I served my Cucumber Frappe for One in a Kerr 1/2 Pint Wide Mouth Jar, garnished with a sprig of mint, and ate it with a spoon. - chez danisse
- 1 Small Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Fleur de Sel
- 1/8 teaspoon Anise Seed
- 1 sprig Fresh Mint (optional garnish)
- Top, tail, and peel cucumber. Cut into large chunks. Add to blender.
- Toast anise seed in heavy bottom pan. Crush seeds in mortar and pestle or with meat pounder similar to Amanda's. Add to blender.
- Add ice cream to blender.
- Add fleur de sel to blender.
- Pour into pretty dessert dish of choice. Garnish with mint, if it seems like a nice idea.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe