If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bought a bunch of Kirby cucumbers today at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and started experimenting. I stopped with this recipe. It was #2. It's a nice simple treat for one. I used Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Straus Family Creamery. I like it because it is not overly sweet. My fleur de sel of choice is Croque au Sel de l Ile de Re Fleur de Sel. It seems to improve everything it touches. I served my Cucumber Frappe for One in a Kerr 1/2 Pint Wide Mouth Jar, garnished with a sprig of mint, and ate it with a spoon. —chez danisse
- 1 Small Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Fleur de Sel
- 1/8 teaspoon Anise Seed
- 1 sprig Fresh Mint (optional garnish)
- Top, tail, and peel cucumber. Cut into large chunks. Add to blender.
- Toast anise seed in heavy bottom pan. Crush seeds in mortar and pestle or with meat pounder similar to Amanda's. Add to blender.
- Add ice cream to blender.
- Add fleur de sel to blender.
- Pour into pretty dessert dish of choice. Garnish with mint, if it seems like a nice idea.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.