Author Notes: This is my favorite summertime recipe. It always reminds me of my grandma who would use farm fresh cucumbers to make this delicious summer salad. - slulibby - slulibby
Food52 Review: Slulibby's simple, straightforward salad is very refreshing. The tart and sweet elements come together on a backdrop of crisp, cool cucumber and crunchy onions. The thick sour cream and buttermilk feel very luxurious and the dill adds a great summery, green flavor -- perfect for a picnic on a sunny day. - Stephanie
- 3 cucumbers-sliced thinly
- 1 onion-sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine the cucumbers and onions in a deep bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Pour the buttermilk over the vegetables and refrigerate for an hour.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe