If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite summertime recipe. It always reminds me of my grandma who would use farm fresh cucumbers to make this delicious summer salad. - slulibby —slulibby
Food52 Review: Slulibby's simple, straightforward salad is very refreshing. The tart and sweet elements come together on a backdrop of crisp, cool cucumber and crunchy onions. The thick sour cream and buttermilk feel very luxurious and the dill adds a great summery, green flavor -- perfect for a picnic on a sunny day. - Stephanie
- 3 cucumbers-sliced thinly
- 1 onion-sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine the cucumbers and onions in a deep bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Pour the buttermilk over the vegetables and refrigerate for an hour.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.