If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This refreshing Mexican-style gazpacho is perfect for summer —YoshiS
- 1 slice country-style bread, crusts removed
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Mexican-style hot sauce
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernals
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno, minced
- Mexican crema (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Soak the bread in water to soften. Squeeze out the moisture with your hands and place in a blender.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, and water. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill the gazpacho for about 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve in bowls topped with the garnishes - jicama, sweet corn, pickled jalapeno, and Mexican crema.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe