Author Notes: Eating high tea makes me feel really posh even if I am still in my PJs at four in the afternoon. This is one of my favorites high tea treats made from things that I typically have on hand so that I don’t have to get out of said PJs to go to the store. - cheese1227
Serves 8 dainty tea sandwiches
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped finely
- Half an English cucumber, sliced in 1/8th inch disks
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices of good pumpernickel bread, cut in neat squares
- Put the kettle on for tea.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, chutney, curry powder and almonds.
- Lay all eight slices of bread out on the counter. Evenly spread about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture to all corners of each piece of bread. On half of the slices, place a single layer of cucumbers. On the other half of the sliced, put 4-8 spinach leaves. Close them up. Slice them in triangles. Serve with tea as you like it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe