If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eating high tea makes me feel really posh even if I am still in my PJs at four in the afternoon. This is one of my favorites high tea treats made from things that I typically have on hand so that I don’t have to get out of said PJs to go to the store. - cheese1227
Serves 8 dainty tea sandwiches
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped finely
- Half an English cucumber, sliced in 1/8th inch disks
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices of good pumpernickel bread, cut in neat squares
- Put the kettle on for tea.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, chutney, curry powder and almonds.
- Lay all eight slices of bread out on the counter. Evenly spread about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture to all corners of each piece of bread. On half of the slices, place a single layer of cucumbers. On the other half of the sliced, put 4-8 spinach leaves. Close them up. Slice them in triangles. Serve with tea as you like it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls