Author Notes: Growing up, I was obsessed with my mom's deep fried zucchini rounds dipped in ranch dressing (which I've since started baking instead). In the last few years, I also have become fond of fried pickles. Since I love both those things, I thought... "why not a deep fried cucumber slice!?" And deep fry a cucmber slice I did. I'm not a big fried food eater, but for these cool cukes, I'll gladly make an exception! The crisp, fresh cucumber slices with zippy dill dip are the perfect party snack! - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Zippy Dill Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill-chopped (or more, to taste)
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- Juice of half a large lemon
- sprinkle garlic with salt, and smash to make a paste. Combine all ingredients, and whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste, and more dill if needed.
- 1 large seedless English cucumber
- 1 cup flour (salt & peppered)
- 1.5 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- oil for frying
- Slice cucumber about 1/2 inch thick rounds. Whisk together eggs and milk. Put egg mix, flour, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes (not mixed together).
- To bread: coat cucumber slice in flour, then dip in egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Repeat with all slices.
- Heat about 1/2 to 1 inch of oil in deep sided skillet over medium high heat. Add 5-6 slices at a time. Cook for a minute or two on each side, until crispy and golden. Soak on paper towels, and salt.
- Serve with dip!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe