If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, I was obsessed with my mom's deep fried zucchini rounds dipped in ranch dressing (which I've since started baking instead). In the last few years, I also have become fond of fried pickles. Since I love both those things, I thought... "why not a deep fried cucumber slice!?" And deep fry a cucmber slice I did. I'm not a big fried food eater, but for these cool cukes, I'll gladly make an exception! The crisp, fresh cucumber slices with zippy dill dip are the perfect party snack! - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Zippy Dill Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill-chopped (or more, to taste)
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- Juice of half a large lemon
- sprinkle garlic with salt, and smash to make a paste. Combine all ingredients, and whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste, and more dill if needed.
- 1 large seedless English cucumber
- 1 cup flour (salt & peppered)
- 1.5 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- oil for frying
- Slice cucumber about 1/2 inch thick rounds. Whisk together eggs and milk. Put egg mix, flour, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes (not mixed together).
- To bread: coat cucumber slice in flour, then dip in egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Repeat with all slices.
- Heat about 1/2 to 1 inch of oil in deep sided skillet over medium high heat. Add 5-6 slices at a time. Cook for a minute or two on each side, until crispy and golden. Soak on paper towels, and salt.
- Serve with dip!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.