If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Berries mixed with lemon zest and juice, thyme, sugar, and honey plump up and get juicy, warm, and sweet on the grill. I've always loved grilled fruit AND 'girl scout packets' (foil packets filled with meat and potatoes and grilled over an open flame... which I learned in girl scout camp when I was a 'Brownie'). A recent issue of Food & Wine magazine inspired me to combine the grilled fruit and foil packet idea. Serve over vanilla ice cream, grilled pound cake slices, or even grilled fish. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries- rinsed
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries- rinsed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme, lightly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine everything except butter in a bowl, and mix lightly.
- Stack 2 layers of aluminum foil, and top with butter pat. Fold up sides slightly. Pour fruit mixture into foil, and bring edges up, folding closed.
- Grill over medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon over ice cream, grilled pound cake slices, or even grilled fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.