Author Notes: This recipe comes from the need to use an abundance of cucumbers from my home garden:) - mseverson
- 4 large cucumbers peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups low fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon roughly chopped
- Sprinkle salt on peeled and seeded cucumbers and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off excess water and chop.
- Place cucumbers, dill, garlic, and lemon juice in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add yogurt, half and half, and dash of cayenne pepper to cucumber puree and process until well mixed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and top with smoked salmon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe