If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from the need to use an abundance of cucumbers from my home garden:) - mseverson
- 4 large cucumbers peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups low fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon roughly chopped
- Sprinkle salt on peeled and seeded cucumbers and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off excess water and chop.
- Place cucumbers, dill, garlic, and lemon juice in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add yogurt, half and half, and dash of cayenne pepper to cucumber puree and process until well mixed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and top with smoked salmon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.