If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My inspiration from this came from Bobby Flay who has a rice noodle salad that I've prepared in the past, however I changed this up alot using other asian aspects. I ommitted his japeleno in place of ginger and honey for regular sugar to make the sauce lighter. I added in some fresh grilled shrimp as well. - JadeAyes
- 1/2 package of rice noodles
- 1 pound raw shrimp, cleaned & tails removed
- 2 cucumbers cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cole slaw mix
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped thai basil
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- lightly grease broiler pan and grill shrimp at 450 until pink (10 min). Broil last minute to brown, remove and let cool.
- boil water and add in rice noodles. Boil only about 3-5 minutes until noodles are soft. strain and rinse with cool water. Add sesame oil, toss and set aside.
- in a food processor, mince up the ginger. Add garlic, the juice from the limes, fish sauce, sugar and water and blend.
- In a mixing bowl, put noodles, shrimp, most of the cucumbers (save a little for top), carrots, slaw, sesame seeds (save a little for top), mint, basil and most of the cilantro (save a little for the top) and toss. Add in sauce gradually until you are satisfied and toss again. Put in decorative bowl and garnish with remaining cucumber, sesame seeds and cilantro
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe