Author Notes: A classic in my family for years, this soup is light and refreshing in the spring and summer when cucumbers are particularly sweet - suiteapplepie
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 16 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Cut the peeled cucumber in half and scrape out the seeds. Cut the halves into strips and dice.
- In a serving bowl, add the yogurt and water and whisk together. Add the oil, vinegar, Tabasco, salt, garlic clove, and whisk together thoroughly. Stir in the cucumber, and the optional mint. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutres or until ready to serve. Remove the smashed garlic clove before ladling into bowls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe