If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great fresh but surprising omelet. My family raises chickens, and I love recipes that showcase their egg's fantastic flavor and color. It is important to use a sweet tomato in the relish because it really complements the creaminess of the omelet and the lime's tartness. - Goldilocks
- 5 eggs
- a dash of half and half, cream or even milk
- tab of butter
- some monterery jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 of a ripe hass avocado, cubed
- 1 cup ripe sweet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the eggs and half and half with a fork gently in a bowl.
- In a heavy medium sized non-stick skillet, melt butter and reduce the heat to low, add eggs, then cheese, then avocado, cook until it becomes somewhat firm (10-15 minutes) and then fold gently to create the omelet. The secret to a light and delicate omelet is low heat!
- Meanwhile assemble the relish by cutting the cherry or grape tomatoes in half. Season with salt and fresh pepper, toss with lime juice, add cilantro, and serve as a garish with half the omelet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.