Author Notes: This is a great fresh but surprising omelet. My family raises chickens, and I love recipes that showcase their egg's fantastic flavor and color. It is important to use a sweet tomato in the relish because it really complements the creaminess of the omelet and the lime's tartness. - Goldilocks
- 5 eggs
- a dash of half and half, cream or even milk
- tab of butter
- some monterery jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 of a ripe hass avocado, cubed
- 1 cup ripe sweet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the eggs and half and half with a fork gently in a bowl.
- In a heavy medium sized non-stick skillet, melt butter and reduce the heat to low, add eggs, then cheese, then avocado, cook until it becomes somewhat firm (10-15 minutes) and then fold gently to create the omelet. The secret to a light and delicate omelet is low heat!
- Meanwhile assemble the relish by cutting the cherry or grape tomatoes in half. Season with salt and fresh pepper, toss with lime juice, add cilantro, and serve as a garish with half the omelet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs