Author Notes: I usually eat my crunchy cucumbers plain with just a sprinkle of sea salt, between some buttered bread. For a little more excitement, I came up with this salsa. It's awesome on a hot dog with a little Sriracha Mayo spooned over the top. Or just dig in with some nice tortilla chips. - mrslarkin
Serves about 4 cups
- 2 cups English or kirby cucumber, peeled or not, medium dice
- 1 mango, firm but ripe, peeled, medium dice
- 1 small red onion, medium dice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced, or several dashes of Cholula or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or cilantro, or both
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 - 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, mango, onion, garlic, jalapeno, mint, and lime zest. Toss lightly.
- In a measuring cup, whisk the lime juice, oil and honey. Pour over the veggies and mix gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, for optimal crunch!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe