If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a really refreshing appetizer. It's really easy to make and looks very cute. Depending on the length of your cucumbers, you may end up with more or less rounds (if you have more, slightly increase your filling quantities; if you have fewer, eat the filling on a cracker). —Mariya
Serves 15-20 rounds
- 5 English cucumbers
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1 plum tomato-seeded and diced small
- 1 small celery stalk-minced
- 1 shallot-minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno-seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup parsley-minced, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 15-20 sesame rice crackers
- Rinse the cucumbers and peel them using a channel knife-giving them zebra stripes (do so by peeling lengthwise, approximately an 1/8th of an inch apart). Once peeled, cut the tips off each end and cut each cucumber (crosswise) into 1.5 inch thick rounds. Using a melon baller, remove the centers; place a damp cloth over the cucumbers and reserve.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add bacon; cook until golden and just crisp; remove from the pan, allow to cool, and mince.
- In a bowl, mix bacon, tomato, celery, shallot, jalapeno, parmesan, minced parsley, lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Lay the crackers out on a plate; place one cucumber round on each cracker; fill each cucumber round with bacon mixture; garnish each with a parsley leaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.