If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in Texas and salsa is a regular part of life. But I'm not the biggest fan of chile pepper heat (and I adore Greek food), so I came up with this tasty alternative to eat with pita chips! —maryte
Makes 1 cup
- 2 pickling cucumbers, diced with skin on
- 2 fresh tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion (or 1 medium sweet onion), diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil)
- 1/4 tablespoon oregano (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch fresh mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with pita chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.