If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I pulled this together from random ingredients in my kitchen when looking for a flavorful topping to fish tacos, but found that it's great as a salad, too. All the ingredients can be adjusted to taste. I strongly suggested grilling the fresh corn before adding to the slaw. - JulietteMiranda
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 3 ears of fresh corn, or 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed well
- 1/2 package of pre-chopped cabbage cole saw mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from one lime
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- Soak red onion in water for about 30 minutes. Defrost frozen corn, or grill corn on the cob. Let cool before adding to slaw.
- Peel, then roughly dice cucumber.
- Roughly chop garlic, red onion, tomato and cilantro. If using grilled corn, remove corn from cob.
- Make slaw dressing by mixing garlic, lime juice, sour cream, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Make slaw by mixing onion, tomato, corn, cucumber, black beans, and cabbage in a large bowl.
- Add dressing to slaw and toss lightly. Season with salt & pepper. Mix in fresh cilantro last. Chill for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.