Author Notes: These little refined cucumber sandwiches are nice with a pasta or fruit salad. You can also pack this sandwich with chips in a brown bag lunch. Either way, there is a little less dill in my herb garden these days!
Makes several mini sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 container of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large cucumber, skinned and sliced
- cibatta or rye bread
- salt and pepper
- I start by putting the whipped cream cheese, which is just easier to work with and has less calories that the regular stuff, in a bowl.
- I add in the dill a little at a time until it is thoroughly combined.
- I then smear this mixture on the bread. Get something with a little heft to it - like cibatta or rye.
- You can store the remaining dill mixture back in the original cream cheese tub in the fridge
- Next I top the cream cheese with cucumbers.
- Like all things, I then dust the cucumbers with a little salt and pepper. And just like that you have a delightful cool sandwich on a hot day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe