If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little refined cucumber sandwiches are nice with a pasta or fruit salad. You can also pack this sandwich with chips in a brown bag lunch. Either way, there is a little less dill in my herb garden these days!
Makes several mini sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 container of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large cucumber, skinned and sliced
- cibatta or rye bread
- salt and pepper
- I start by putting the whipped cream cheese, which is just easier to work with and has less calories that the regular stuff, in a bowl.
- I add in the dill a little at a time until it is thoroughly combined.
- I then smear this mixture on the bread. Get something with a little heft to it - like cibatta or rye.
- You can store the remaining dill mixture back in the original cream cheese tub in the fridge
- Next I top the cream cheese with cucumbers.
- Like all things, I then dust the cucumbers with a little salt and pepper. And just like that you have a delightful cool sandwich on a hot day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.