If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I get tired of the same old "taste" when it comes to most pickles. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them. But from time to time I like to mix it up and taste something a little different from the heat-processed pickles in the store. These are simple, tart, and put a little "zing" in your step - and in your mouth! And they are crazy-crunchy! - vivisue —vivisue
Food52 Review: This recipe is great -- very simple and quick to make. I cut it down to 3 cucumbers since I didn't think anyone else in my house would eat them. Boy was I wrong! My husband, who hates cucumbers, loved these! He loved the spices & the tartness from the cider vinegar. They became surprisingly pickle-like for such a short curing time. I will definitely be making these again and will be taking them to our library's next recipe round-up. - summar ann
Serves about 4 quarts
- 12 Baby Cucumbers, washed and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large resealable container combine cucumbers, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover cucumbers with apple cider vinegar. Place lid on container.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- These babies will stay crispy crunchy for days in your refrigerator - but I'll bet they don't last that long! Want to really go crazy, add a sliced small onion. YUM!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.