Author Notes: I get tired of the same old "taste" when it comes to most pickles. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them. But from time to time I like to mix it up and taste something a little different from the heat-processed pickles in the store. These are simple, tart, and put a little "zing" in your step - and in your mouth! And they are crazy-crunchy! - vivisue - vivisue
Food52 Review: This recipe is great -- very simple and quick to make. I cut it down to 3 cucumbers since I didn't think anyone else in my house would eat them. Boy was I wrong! My husband, who hates cucumbers, loved these! He loved the spices & the tartness from the cider vinegar. They became surprisingly pickle-like for such a short curing time. I will definitely be making these again and will be taking them to our library's next recipe round-up. - summar ann
Serves about 4 quarts
- 12 Baby Cucumbers, washed and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large resealable container combine cucumbers, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover cucumbers with apple cider vinegar. Place lid on container.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- These babies will stay crispy crunchy for days in your refrigerator - but I'll bet they don't last that long! Want to really go crazy, add a sliced small onion. YUM!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe