If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sherbet is cool as a cucumber (sorry, couldn't resist), takes very little time to make, and is much more delicious than I expected! I was inspired to make a frozen dessert featuring cucumbers after seeing drbabs recipe for cucumber mint ice cream, and I'm calling this a sherbet because it's got a little dairy in it...you can leave the creme fraiche out and have sorbet instead (but I like how the creme fraiche balances the honey). - WinnieAb - WinnieAb
Food52 Review: This sweet treat defies everything you thought you knew about cucumber. Packed with the refreshing quality of cucumber, the sherbet has just a little interesting zip and a whisper of something creamy and rich from the crème fraiche. Cucumber Sherbet is a unique way to serve cucumber and very easy. - biffbourgeois - Stephanie Bourgeois
- 2 English cucumbers (peeling them is optional), coarsely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- Put all ingredients in your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and proceed according to manufacturer's instructions. After 30 minutes in my machine, this had a nice granita-like texture. Place in freezer overnight if you want it to be firmer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe