Author Notes: I was fixing to make a favorite cucumber salad recipe when I realized I had not gotten enough cucumbers at the store. Instead, I used the one cucumber I had along with veggies and herbs on hand, and created this salad that we love much more than the recipe I planned to make. - katiebakes
- 1 english cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh fennel fronds
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Place cucumber slices in a colander; salt well and let stand 30 minutes. Pat well with paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Cover and chill at least one hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe