If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tried to keep it fresh and simple. I grow my own herbs so it was a natural! I used what I had on hand, but you can use the herbs you like. Also, remember some herbs like rosemary have strong flavors, so a little goes a long way. I chopped all my herbs together instead of chopping them, then mixing them. Also,I used two different kinds of cucumbers for appearance and taste. - Laura Kay Bilanovic
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 mini gourmet cucumbers, skin on,sliced thin
- 4 large apple mint leaves
- 4 large sorrel leaves
- 1 sprig pasley
- 1 small sprig rosemary, leaves removed from stem
- 1 tender base of lemon grass
- 2 sprigs lavender
- 6 fresh steva leaves
- 6 leaves chives
- 4 leaves sweet basil
- 1 sprig Thai basil
- 1 sprig Vietnamese basil
- 4 leaves holy basil
- 1 lime (the juice)
- 8 oz. raspberries
- Eadible flowers, such as Australian violets, lavender, calindula,etc., for garnish
- 1 pinch Kosher or sea salt
- peel and slice cucumbers
- rinse and slice mini gourmet cucumbers
- salt cucumber mixture with a "pinch" of Kosher or sea salt. Salt may be omitted
- squeeze the juice of 1 lime onto cucumbers
- rinse herbs and chop them together
- add herbs to cucumbers
- add raspberries to cucumbers and herbs
- garnish with flowers (optional)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.