If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I mixed a spanish tortilla with the idea of pizza with four cheeses. —jamie215
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cloves, peeled, garlic
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan or pecorino, grated
- 1/4 cup scamorza, grated coursely
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup spicy marinara sauce
- in a bowl, beat the eggs with the ricotta until frothy. set aside. heat the marinara sauce in separate pot.
- heat olive oil and add garlic and onions. saute until garlic is golden, and onions are soft and transparent. about 4-5 minutes on mid heat. do not burn garlic.
- add some salt and pepper and some of the the red pepper flakes to the onions and garlic and add to the beaten eggs and ricotta cheese. add the other cheeses and pour the mixture in to the same pan you sauteed the garlic and onions.
- allow the eggs to set about 4 minutes. they should brown on the bottom side. let the cheeses set and begin to melt- then turn the tortilla onto a large plate or pan cover and slide the other side back into the pan to cook the other side. add salt and pepper to top side.
- slide the whole tortilla out of the pan onto a large plate and sprinkle the basil chiffonade on top. give a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes as well. cut into wedges and serve. spoon a tablespoon or two of the hot marinara sauce on to the tortilla wedge. the cheese should be runny, the eggs cooked- and the sauce should mix with the cheeses.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Spick and Span
Our staff's best storage tips and tricks
Our staff's best storage tips.
This week's #happylist.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Storage made crystal clear.