If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mojitos are refreshing summer drinks, and cucumbers are refreshing summer snacks, so why not combine them into one? A good mandolin is important so you can get even and paper-thin slices of cucumber. And don't throw out the juice that comes out of the cucumber - mix it with a little gin or more rum for a tasty cocktail. —Cave Cibum
- 1 English cucumber (or two smaller cucumbers)
- 30 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white rum (or 1 nip bottle)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut cucumber into thin slices (a mandolin is helpful to achieve even slices). Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine mint leaves, sugar, rum, rice wine vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, chopped ginger, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, 20-30 seconds.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and mix until cucumbers are well coated. Refrigerate for at least one hour for flavors to meld.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Put Pasta in Your Pantry
Don't be (fu)silli—always have these on hand
Pastas for your pantry.
Our latest contest: Summer Salads.
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.