Author Notes: This can be used on any firm fish ( salmon, cod, halibut) and even chicken. - Marcia Robbins
- 4 pieces ahi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Cucumber Radish Sauce
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 radishes, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat grill and brush ahi with olive oil
- Half the cucumber length wise and slice. Slice radishes
- Mix all sauce ingredients in small saucepan and heat to boiling. Add cucumber and radishes and simmer until slightly tender. You can adjust the sweetness and saltiness to taste.
- Place ahi on grill. Turn after 4 minutes and brush sesame oli on grilled side. Grill another 4 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Remove ahi and place on plates. Spoon sauce over fish and serve with a vegetable/grain dish such as sauteed vegetables and spelt berries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe