If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from what was originally a pasta dish. Great variations include the addition of sweet potato and/or carrots for all or part of the squash (and of course the use of other kinds of squash such as acorn), orange juice or apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice, kale for the spinach, and peccorino for the parmesan. Sauteed onions or shallots also adds a nice flavor. - Frissberg
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- In a large skillet over moderately high heat, heat oil and sautee squash with salt and pepper to taste until almost tender (about 7 min).
- Add spinach to squash, along with ½ cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated.
- Add lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. Top with parmesan and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.