If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A match made in heaven! Two Great pairs: Peaches & Champagne and Mozzarella & Basil. Could they combined to create an even better marriage? I was hopeful and was pleasantly surprised how delicious they were together. This salad will become a staple for those porch suppers on hot steamy nights. Make sure to eat this shortly after the peaches come of the grill for maximum enjoyment. The juices from the peaches further enhance & sweeten the champagne vinegar vinaigrette. - sticksnscones —sticksnscones
Food52 Review: This isn't a light summer salad -- it's sultry and rich, in all the right ways. Creamy mozzarella and charred peaches lay on a bed of soft butter lettuce, blanketed by roughly torn basil and an almost effervescent lime and champagne vinaigrette with some nice, shallot-y bite. I'd recommend waiting till the peaches have cooled a bit before assembling the salad, to make sure you have crisp and cool contrasts to the just-warm peaches. - Kristen —The Editors
- 1 Large Ball Fresh Mozzarella
- 4 Peaches, just ripe
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch Boston or other soft lettuce, for more bite, add arugula
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- In a small bowl combine minced shallot with Champagne vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes Whisk in the lime juice,honey, salt & pepper. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil. Set aside
- Arrange lettuce on a large platter
- Cut mozzarella in half and then into 1/3 inch slices
- Heat grill to high heat
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Brush all over with oil.
- Grill peaches cut side down over medium high heat for about 3 minutes or until grill marks appear and peaches start to brown. Turn and grill another 2-3 minutes. Cook until done & warm. Transfer to cutting board and cut each half into halves.
- Arrange peaches and mozzarella slices alternately on top of greens. Place peaches with cut sides facing up. Sprinkle with basil.
- Drizzle with Vinaigrette and serve immediately.The ultimate bite is a piece of lettuce, peach and mozzarella. Watch out for those delicious peach juices running down your chin!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella