If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chorizo & Cheddar pair perfectly in these quick and easy phyllo wraps! —mtlabor
- 1 roll phyllo dough, separated into several sheets
- cooked ground chorizo
- thinly sliced salami
- thinly sliced provolone
- thinly sliced black forest ham
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Start with 3 sheets of phyllo dough, maybe a foot long each. Place desired meat (in this case, chorizo, salami, or ham) in the center. Then top with desired cheese. Spread filling in middle section of sheets. Then, roll up into a tight wrap and fold edges underneath. Be sure to seal the wraps with a little bit of warm water also.
- Alternatively, instead of rolling up the sheets. You can stack them and put the filling in between (kind of like a layered pizza - it should look like the right portion of the photo above). Make sure you have at least 2 sheets of phyllo for each layer though, this stuff is delicate.
- Bake either method in the oven for about 5-10 minutes, where outside is crispy and flaky. Serve with sour cream and extra ground chorizo.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).