If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making this salad for a light supper during the summer. I enjoy making my food bright and colorful! —lizmiller06
For the salad
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat pitas, split in half horizontally
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 2 large, firm, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained & chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool and break into small pieces.
- Combine the fresh mozzarella and next 7 ingredients (through capers) in a large bowl. Gently toss.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the lemon juice and remaining ingredients. Stir with a whisk.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad. Add pita pieces to the bowl; toss gently. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.