If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This can be assembled the night before baking. The variations are infinite and you can taylor it's tastes to yours and your guests. Try different cheeses, herbs, or meats like proscuitto or bacon or shrimp. Hollandaise sauce over the shrimp or crab variation would be great. Use sauteed vegetables, mushrooms, spinach, sun dried tomato........ You can make this any size. Individual or large for a crowd. —Pamela
Serves 0ne to forty
- 14 eggs
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill chopped
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet thawed
- 1 beaten egg white
- 10 smoked salmon slices
- Beat the eggs in large bowl well.
- Add chopped dill, the cheeses and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil or butter in heavy skillet and cook eggs gently until just set. Remove to a shallow dish and cool, refrigerated and uncovered.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface until thin, approximately 12" by 16". Mound center length wise with the chilled eggs leaving as much border as possible on all four sides. Fold over short sides first then fold one long side and roll to close. Place on baking sheet seam side down. Egg wash the pastry just before baking with the beaten egg white.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Pastry should be golden brown. Let rest for 2 minutes, then slice into 10 portions. Top each slice with the salmon and garnish with a sprig of dill if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.