Author Notes: The Farmer's Market this week was full of exciting new vegetables. "Firstly, garlic scapes are here." I also had some lovely sugar snap peas that I bought from our trip to the country. I decided to make a pasta with lemon ricotta, sugar snap peas, fresh oregano, and the garlic scapes. It was truly delicious :D - Nicole Franzen
- 1 box farfalle (half for 2 people)
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic scape
- fresh oregano
- S & P
- chile flakes
- olive oil
- ~First, blanch the sugar snap peas. Do this by heating a pan full of water to a simmer, and adding the sugar snap peas for just about a minute or two.
- ~Take your 2 cups of ricotta and place in a bowl. Add the zest and juice of one lemon. I used fresh oregano because I love the combination. Add a pinch of chile flake, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
- ~Cut the garlic scapes into thin slices. I put mine in my mortar and pestle, and added a touch of salt, and olive oil. I ground it into a paste. You could also use a blender, food processor, or feel free to just use thinly sliced pieces as well.
- ~Cook your farfalle or choice of pasta to directions and set aside to cool.
- ~I cut the sugar snap peas in half, and tossed them with the farfalle. I then added my ricotta, garlic scape paste, and mixed thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe