If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an all in one. A hearty salad that incorporates a crunchy rustic italian or any other slightly stale loaf of bread. Great for a summer night or entertaining on the patio! Tastes great with your favorite grilled vegetable or thinly sliced beef or chicken. —lisar1111
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound Italian or Rustic bread
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup small balls of fresh mozzarella
- Rub a clove of garlic in a large wooden bowl. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and put them in the bowl. In the prepared salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, garlic, basil and thyme. Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, toss. Add fresh mozzarella to taste. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.