If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato salad is a summer staple at our house. The fresh mozzarella is a perfect complement to the mushrooms and new potatoes in this version I created. I make it early in the day to serve with grilled burgers or barbecue in the evening. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper may be added for heat if desired.
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds small new red potatoes in jackets
- 1 1/2 cups sliced small white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring water, salt, and potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, and mozzarella. Toss gently.
- Shake remaining ingredients together in a small jar. Pour over salad mixture. Toss gently.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish as desired. Serves 6.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.