Author Notes: Margherita pizza is a family favorite so I created this salsa using the same combination of flavors then I gave it a southwest twist. It is not only easy and delicious, it makes a beautiful presentation. We especially enjoy this during the summer months when I use fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden. This is also great served with Mexican dishes or on top of grilled steaks. - mshivers60
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 15 ounces can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces bag corn tortilla chips
- Stir all ingredients except chips together in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with tortillas chips. Serves 8.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella